My Art Blog

Sunday 24 March 2024

Fighting Fantasy Maps

I was absolutely delighted to sign a licence with Fighting Fantasy (Steve Jackson and Sir Ian Livingstone) to produce maps of their books.

To those not in the know, Fighting Fantasy is a series of Choose your own adventures books where the player plays through the book in a nonlinear fashion.  Fighting Fantasy differentiated itself from other Choose your own adventure books by introducing dice and stats.  The books usually had 400 "entries" and the player had to make a series of decisions and turn to that particular entry .... i.e. "Do you take the left fork in the road turn to 236, or follow the thief and go right, turn to 85".

The books started in 1982 and are still being produced Today!  59 books have been released selling over 20 million copies in total!

So far I have produced maps for the 1st five books; The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, The Citadel of Chaos, The Forest of Doom, Starship Traveller and the City of Thieves.

I spent ages replaying the books to work out all the paths through the books and identifying all the items you can pick up along the way.

I also redraw the maps multiple times till I am happy with the final draft version.  Then on good quality watercolour paper I did the final drawing and paint it with various watercolour layers on top.  Finally I scan in the map before working on it digitally to tidy it up and finish it off 

My Maps are available to buy through either my Ebay or Etsy page

Official Fighting Fantasy website: https://www.fightingfantasy.com

Fighting Fantasy is a trademark owned by Steve Jackson & Ian Livingstone.  All rights reserved. 






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Art Blog


  Instagram   Facebook   Ebay   Etsy   DeviantArt

  Me with two of my paintings     My Fighting Fantasy Maps